Pages

2/19/2013

[Business of Design] Tension/Resoultion

Blog on an instance when you had to “pitch” something to someone, either in a personal or in a professional circumstance. What were you “pitching” and did you succeed or not? How could Abela’s guidelines have helped you?
I spent a lot of time pitching myself when I was working as a freelance graphic designer. It is not my favorite thing to do, but I think I started to get used to the process and so it became easier. Sometimes I was successful and sometimes not. In retrospect, it's difficult to say if there were specific reasons why I was or was not successful because to me I was just showing my work and the interviewer either liked it or didn't.

Hearing Andrew Abela's guidelines on how to pitch will be really helpful to keep in mind in the future. I like the idea of creating tension and then resolving it over and over again. I imagine using this strategy when presenting my own portfolio; rather than just telling the listener about each project, bringing them along with you so they understand your struggles, your process, and your solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment