Pages

5/10/2013

[IxD Theory] Reflections

Reflect on how this course has affected your perspective as a designer. What has changed? What has stayed the same? In what ways are you more confident and what gaps do you still feel you have?
Hi Arna,

Thank you. Interaction theory has been one of my favorite courses this first year in the grad design program at CCA; it has been instrumental in helping me define where I want to go and why I came back to school in the first place.

From your class I have gained the understanding that I don't have to work for a for a tech company designing games/apps/websites in order to be an interaction designer. This small revelation is a relief to me, and it is so exciting to see that interaction design is everywhere.

The interaction theory class has made me more confident in how I approach design problems and more confident in my potential as an interaction designer...as long as I remember the core principles, that is. I wish we had spent more time prototyping on screen interactions and applications, but I plan to give myself a few homework projects over the summer as practice. The other gap I have is in the confidence to actually refer to myself as an interaction designer, but that will come in time and with experience, I am sure.

Thanks again for your time,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the class! I have incredible confidence in you, and I have no doubt that as you have opportunity to translate theory into practice your confidence will grow. One day you will wake up and know that you are an interaction designer through and through!

    ReplyDelete