Pages

3/12/2013

[business of design] Midpoint

Blog on what you think your midpoint grade should be in this class. Be specific about what you’ve done or not done to earn that grade.
A difficult task for this week's business of design blog. Regardless of my midpoint grade, I know I would want to have me on my team!

My teamwork: I played a significant role in our start-up, Matchbox, earning the most funding on Pitch Day (woo hoo!). Our team is lucky in that we have team members with complementary skills and we all work well together. As project manager I have been responsible for keeping our team organized, motivated, and focused during our meetings; our level of preparation played a major role in our success on Pitch Day. I also believe I have been a solid resource for other teams. I have spent time listening to pitches, offering feedback, and talking through potential problem areas.


My individual work: I continue to do the readings and I am present and engaged during class time. My blog content is thoughtful, well written, and (other than last week's post...d'oh!) on time. I was slightly hesitant to speak up in class at the beginning of the semester, but I have made a marked effort to participate more during lectures and guest lectures and I hope the change is recognized.

All being said, I would give myself an B+ with the intent to make it an A by the end of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel - you're harder on yourself than we would be. We think you've earned an A- for the very reasons you state. Your individual contributions are not as strong and consistant as others, but you are getting there. Keep up the progress! We enjoy having you in class.

    ReplyDelete