Pages

4/24/2013

[business of design] Company Culture

Blog on what your ideal company culture would be like by describing what an average day on the job would for like you. What would it look like, feel like, be like?
I start off my day by entering the bright and well lit office. Two of my favorite things about this office are the open spaces and the huge windows which allow natural light to flood in. I share my brightly painted and decorated office with two other team members. Throughout the morning we work separately on our projects but are always available to discuss ideas and provide feedback. For lunch, I head over to the on-site cafe for the soup de jour and a grilled cheese. After lunch are project meetings, check-ins, and my bi-annual performance review. During my review I have the opportunity to discuss my goals within the company and my progress towards those goals. My supervisor and I also review my project specific struggles and success, leadership, and areas to improve.

I have been super efficient today, and there were no client emergencies, so I am headed home at 6.00 pm. I leave the office and walk to catch the commuter train; I'm feeling confident, valued, and proud of the work I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment